Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Honoring Teddy

I’ve been holding this back because somehow it seemed crass to engage in today’s politics while the homage to Ten Kennedy is taking place.

And then I caught myself thinking “Are you kidding me? Who would be more outraged? As the narrow spitting match that the Republicans seem insistent on fostering right now stands in the way of this country recognizing its final unmet moral obligation, whose voice would rise strongest, if not his?”

So I am moving on to continue the good fight.

We need to be pissed. We need to step forward and reclaim this opportunity. We are the majority of the American people and we can reclaim our power if we choose to.

So in that spirit I offer you Hunter.

God I wish I could have written this rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment